Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Wish

This modern fairy tale written by Gail Carson Levine (Ella Enchanted) is told from the point of view of Wilma, the main character. She is suffering through her eigth grade year at Claverford Middle School as an almost "invisible" student. Her two best friends no longer go to her school and it's just too hard to find a new clique. That is until she meets an old woman who knows her innermost desire...to be popular. Actually to be THE MOST popular kid at Claverford...hmmm...sounds ok, right? Well, wishes always come with a catch. What is Wilma's catch? Who are her real friends now?
What would you wish for if you were given one WISH?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WOULD WISH FOR THE BESTEST FRIENDS I COULD EVER HAVE TO BE RIGHT BESIDE ME WHEN EVER I NEED THEM. [♣]

Anonymous said...

♥I WOULD WISH FOR A CAR SO THAT I COULD GO EVERYWHERE I WANTED TO GO!♥

Anonymous said...

I really like this Author i ♥ how she writes books like a teenager would!!!! oh, and i would wish to go to collage and have a good job!!!!!

Mrs. LaBaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.